Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet the Gunship





While on a recent outing to Kemah I was surprised to see an old friend. I was face to face with an AH-64 Apache Gunship. In case you're wondering what a gunship is, just think of it as a heavily armed helicopter designed solely for combat. Back as a preteen one of my favorite computer games (on a Commodore 64, how's that for old school) was Microsoft's Gunship. It was a combat game where you flew one of these bad boys in your choice of Vietnam, Western Europe (again how's that for old school), and can't remember where else. I spent many happy hours playing this game and blowing sh** up! This bad boy has a 30mm cannon underneath that is aimed with a turn of the pilot's head. The wings can be equipped with air-to-ground missiles and air-to-air missiles. So I said hello to my old friend, took a picture of it, and went on. Great to see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?