Friday, November 18, 2011

The Hook Up



After the brief visit with my old Apache friend we wound up in one of the bars just outside of the boardwalk. I can't remember the name. I'm guessing this is considered packed for a Friday night. My companion pointed out this particular couple. The woman was clearly drunk already. She couldn't stand up straight. She was there looking for a hook up and found the man in the chair. We watched as she would get slightly out of reach forcing him to lean forward and wrap his arms around her. Whatever he whispered in her ear couldn't have been that funny because her drunk laugh topped the jukebox. Then came a slow, country ballad. Our hook up pair danced like pregnant mules right at the bar. We left soon after this so whether or they went home together is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?