Thursday, January 13, 2011

Museum of Natural Science





I went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see the Pirate Exhibit. I remember coming here for over 20 years. Originally there was the head of a Tyrannosaurus not the entire body (as seen above). While looking for the exhibit my companion and I wound up in the basement (thinking we were on the second floor). We found the mummy that used to be on display. Look at how short people in ancient Egypt were! If I were alive then I'd be running things. I took a snap shot before my companion pointed out the "no photography" sign on the display case. After the pirate exhibit (they forbade pictures sadly) we went to the gem exhibit. Granted the pieces were quite lovely but also boring. I can see some poor sap walking through there with his wife/girlfriend and she gets an idea in her head. "Honey why don't you buy me anything nice!"



1 comment:

  1. Hee! I love the natural History Museum. The one here just finished a huge 10+year reno. It's lovely and yes it has dino's as well :D!

    xx
    C.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you've been there too?