Monday, January 3, 2011

Downtown Navasota on a Friday Night

I arrived in Navasota later on that Friday evening. I am originally from a small town about the size of Navasota. However I've lived in the Houston metrolplex for the last 13 years and I've definitely accumulated to big city life. Houston never sleeps and that is the biggest perk to living here. If I need something at any hour I can go get it. In Navasota it was roughly after 8 in the evening and most of the town was shut down. There was a coffee shop/cafe/music venue but they wanted $10 just to come in. While we were walking downtown with our cameras I shot this brief video clip to give an idea of what was going on. Shortly after the video a rain storm came through. By then I was hungry and worried I wouldn't find an place open. Fortunately I found a Dairy Queen that was still open. I'm reminded that I take many things for granted living here and when I go to places like this I have to remind myself to plan ahead. I also am reminded of my upbringing in Liberty, TX, and how much fun it can be to explore life outside the concrete jungle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?