Friday, June 18, 2010

Hurricane Rita Evacuation Videos

Starting with a clip I shot, I found these Hurricane Rita evacuation videos. People were still on edge from Hurricane Katrina when Rita came along. So naturally thanks to the doom and gloom news media people panicked and attempted to flee the Houston area in droves. I couldn't leave due to to my job so I stayed home alone and all I had was wind and some rain while these poor people were stuck, burning gas on our overcrowded highways.





This guy was on I-45 heading from Houston to Dallas.




This guy is on Veteran's Memorial (I think) trying to leave. He's hard to understand with the radio turned up.




Don't know where this guy is. He shot some night video (sans sound). He says he went 40 miles in 13 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?