Friday, March 23, 2012

Nostalgic Grunge







While walking down Galveston's Strand District I heard head splitting noise disguised as music. At least that's how my parents used to describe the bands I spent my money and my 20s frequenting. I walked into the bar to see this. I felt like I was visiting myself 17 years ago, going to dive bars with people who look like they got served with restraining orders from a comic book convention. Those were my peeps back in the day. I watched one guy jumping up and down and banging his head. Sadly he got off the ground before I could hit the record button. I stood there watching the kids in dirty clothes, probably no direction in life at this point, doing what they love to do. Play those instruments like there was no tomorrow. After a few reminiscing moments with a smile on my face I walked out saying goodbye to 17 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?