Friday, December 2, 2011

An Evening with Peter





















For the fourth time in my life I was afforded the opportunity to see Peter Murphy live (twice solo twice with Bauhaus). As expected I danced, drank, and enjoyed myself throughout the show. However the memorable moment came after the show. I was with a group of friends who like to hang out afterward in hopes of being able to meet and get pictures taken with the artists and have been successful many times. While we sat outside watching downtown Houston winding down on a Monday night Peter Murphy walks out. He is swarmed by about a dozen people. He was kind enough to take pictures with my friends. I wanted one too, but don't want to be a bother to anyone. I get up as he heads towards his bus. I'm not going to stop him so I turn and my friend takes a picture of me with him in the background. I figure that's about as good as I'm going to get but it would be the only picture of me with someone famous. Next thing I know I feel some one's arm around me and see him standing next to me! I smile as my friends quickly snap two pictures before he politely says his goodbyes and gets on his bus an on his road and we go down ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?