Friday, July 22, 2011

My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult

















I first saw My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult back in November of 1993 at Numbers in Houston. I remember most of the show. The opening band didn't show up so we had to wait an extra couple of hours before TKK finally took the stage. Over the years I saw them several more times and always enjoyed the shows. I jumped at the chance to see them again at Numbers (last year was at a bar in Clear Lake). In my mind I compared this time to the first time I saw them. It seemed to me like the present trying to recreate a moment from 18 years ago. Yet time has made it impossible to bring back all the original pieces to recreate the picture. Everyone is nearly 20 years older and it's very difficult (if not impossible) to duplicate original enthusiasm. Despite it all I moved with the dark rhythm and enjoyed America's most dangerous Kult!



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?