Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dot's Coffee Shop & Diner


For years while driving south on the Gulf Frwy (that's I-45 south for those not familiar with Houston) I noticed this sign. This restaurant is located at 7006 Gulf Frwy in Houston. It's part of the Pappas restaurant chain.











I don't know when it was actually built but the decor is of a 1960s/1970s diner and this is what attracted me to the place.















I finally decided I was going to stop in and eat. It helped being hungry as I ordered my first chicken fried steak in years and couldn't finish the plate. I even had coffee with it. I enjoyed the simulated retro dining experience with my coffee and looking at old pictures of Houston on the walls. I wish this 24 hour diner was near my job giving me another cozy place to eat at 4 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?