Thursday, October 18, 2012

Frank's Restaurant in Schulenburg, TX




Anyone who has travelled along IH-10 knows about Frank's Restaurant in Schulenburg, TX. It sits off Exit 77 along IH-10 between Houston and San Antonio as it has since 1970. Frank's was founded in 1929 and is still run by the same family. For 83 years thousands of road trippers have stopped in for the country cooking and a restroom break. I remember stopping here with my grandparents on a road trip as a kid. I remember another time stopping with my mom, grandparents, and ex wife on a road trip. Most recently I was coming back into town with my girlfriend who has only been in Texas a year. We were looking for a place to stop and eat when I saw the sign off the road and remembered Frank's. I had to almost dart across the freeway to make the exit. I enjoyed my fried chicken and she had their chicken fried steak which wasn't the best but not the worst. What was yummy was the coffee we got for the road. It made the rest of the journey worthwhile. While inside I snapped some pictures using a vintage filter to capture a nostalgic moment.






Frank's Restaurant Today

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?