Monday, March 7, 2011

Heaven's Cafe and Grill

I listened as my friend told me about a place off the road that she likes to eat at. She told me she can't go in there to eat and run. She has to visit with the owner for a couple of hours and she brings her friends there which I'm sure the owner greatly appreciates. The place is called Heaven's Grill and Cafe and it sits off of Hwy 321 between Dayton and Cleveland, TX, amongst some state prisons and some honky tonk bars. I wonder how many people went to the bars and simply ended up down the road in the prison. Anyhow I was looking for a place that still served breakfast close to noon time. Since I was in a small town that's harder to come by and I remember my friend mentioning this place so I decided to check it out. We walked in and were greeted by the staff (since they are tight with my friend it was more like a visit then breakfast). I'm not much of a food/restaurant critic so all I can say is the coffee was excellent and for $2.50 I couldn't finish the breakfast taco the size of a half stack of pancakes. If you're ever travelling between Dayton and Cleveland (Texas, not Ohio) along FM 321, I suggest you stop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?