Saturday, February 19, 2011

Star Fleet Yachts


I know it sounds like something out of Star Trek. A friend of mine turned me onto this company that sails two yachts an hour into Galveston Bay before turning around and coming back. The whole excursion is two hours. I know, I know;
"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale. A tale of a fateful trip!"

After boarding and getting the window seat I smelled the buffet. It reminded me of the bigger, week long cruises and gave me a sense of nostalgia. I've been on two cruises and want to do another this time without the ex wife. Anyhow we ate and drank and watched the dance contest. Then we went out on the deck. I didn't stay long thanks to the cold weather. It reminded me of the bigger cruise being in the middle of the ocean in the middle of the night where the only lights are the moon, the stars, and maybe another boat in the distance. I longed for the sea, for the luxury of the bigger cruise. For the food, the drinks, the peace that comes with being on the open sea and the adventure from visiting the ports of call.
Visit the company's website here.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?