Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My First Roadside Country Bar

This is Stinger's Roadside Bar. Over the past year I've been reconnecting with people I haven't seen in nearly 20 years. Yesterday I arranged to meet a dear friend I hadn't seen in 17 years since high school. I met her at her place of work. Yeah this bar. It's a beer only bar (meaning they don't have a liquor license for whatever reason). I ordered a shiner bock and they looked at me like an alien. Shiner is my beer of choice and it's Texas brewed. Maybe shiner is a beer of choice for city folk! If you like pool they have tournaments on Monday and Friday nights though watch out there is a regular bunch of players and I'm told they are good. Another word of warning is if you're brand new expect to be looked over. This is a small town and everyone knows everyone. I had to be introduced by awesome high school friend.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you've been there too?